Are you bored reading Nevada shortage of cannabis? Have you come here looking for some interesting facts about marijuana? Do not worry, here you will find a few. From pigs to Shakespeare, to babies who test positive for marijuana, we show you these 50 facts about marijuana you probably did not know.
Let get started!
Here we leave some of the most surprising as well as interesting facts about marijuana, which you probably did not know.
Facts about MARIJUANA
1. The ropes, sails, and caulking of the Mayflower were all made from hemp fiber.
2. In 2003, Canada became the first country in the world to offer medical marijuana to pain-suffering patients.
3. Paraguay is believed to be the world’s largest producer of marijuana.
4. Cannabis seeds were used as a food source in China as early as 6000 B.C
5. Men are over twice as likely as women to use marijuana in the U.S.
6. “Bhang” is an Indian milkshake whose main ingredient is marijuana.
7. Bob Marley was buried with his Bible, his guitar, and bud of marijuana.
8. The word “canvas” is related to the word “cannabis.” Historically, canvases were made of hemp.
9. Teenagers don’t smoke more pot in states where marijuana is legal than in states where it is illegal.
10. Approx 9% of people who try marijuana become addicted to it, compared to 15% of people who try cocaine, and 24 % of those who try heroin.
11. THC can stay in your system for longer than 27 days.
12. 9.6% of adults 50 and up smoke recreational weed.
13. Today’s average bud contains between 14-18% THC
14. Couples that smoke together are less likely to experience domestic violence.
15. 160+ million people in the world use cannabis.
16. In 2014, the DEA took over 74 million joints from the US public.
17. Cannabis prohibition costs the US state and federal governments $17.5 billion each year.
18. Researchers discovered that chocolate produces some of the same reactions in the brain as marijuana.
19. Legalizing cannabis in all states would earn $10+ billion in tax revenue.
20. Cannabis users eat 600 more calories each day.
21. African-Americans are 330% more likely to get arrested for possession.
22. Every hemp plant could save 12 trees.
23. Rates of obesity are 33% lower in cannabis users.
24. In Alaska you can possess up to 6 plants and one ounce of cannabis if you are over
25. For cannabis to kill you from an overdose, you would need to smoke 40,0000 times the average amount within a short period of time.
26. Despite legalization in some states, the DEA still performs busts there, because cannabis is not legal on a federal level.
27. Any cannabis you eat versus smoke is known as edibles.
28. In China, hemp is called “ha-ma” meaning “great fibre”.
29. The only place cannabis is native is Central Asia.
30. Willie Nelson’s marijuana company is called Willie’s Reserve.
31. Cannabis for people with jobs, families or social lives that don’t want to feel paranoid, anxious or stupid.
32. Large scale marijuana growers use music to help their plants.
33. The Grateful Dead subculture helped spread the term 420.
34. In Cambodia you can buy cannabis infused Happy Pizza at many restaurants.
35.Hemp can be used to make everything from hand cream to jeans to plastics and paints.
36. The term 420 was invented by a group of California teens named the Waldos.
37. In Zambia, 17.7% of the population uses cannabis.
38. In Quentin Tarantino’s “Pulp Fiction” all of the clocks are set to 4:20.
39. Female plants produce better flowers for cannabis consumption.
40. Canadian hemp can contain up to 0.3% THC, more than that and it’s considered marijuana instead.
41.The First Church of Cannabis is a registered church in Indiana. It was created in March 2015.
42. The earliest documented example of Hemp is a piece of cloth from 6,000 years ago in Asia.
43. When alcohol was outlawed in the 1920s, there was a big resurgence in marijuana use.
44. In Ancient China, surgeon Hua Tuo used medical cannabis to anesthetize patients.
45. 28 U.S. states now have some sort of legal policies for cannabis.
46. Over 120,00 pounds of hemp fiber were used to rig the U.S.S. Constitution, “Old Ironsides,” the oldest Navy ship in America.
47. Betsy Ross’s first flag of the U.S. was made of hemp.
48. The ropes, sails, and caulking of the Mayflower were all made from hemp fiber.
49. The phrase 420 started in San Rafael, California..
50. Over 120,00 pounds of hemp fiber were used to rig the U.S.S. Constitution, “Old Ironsides,” the oldest Navy ship in America.
The use of marijuana and its legalization is a topic in debate that has no end, where arguments for and against are heard and read every day. Collecting information on this we come across some curious facts about marijuana through history, science and statistics.
If you have any fact to share, do not hesitate to comment it.